Monday, April 7, 2008

Tagges for 7 Random/Werid Facts

I was tagged by Mom at Wide Open Wallet to share 7 random or weird things about myself. So lets see…some random and weird stuff about me:


  1. I have never learned how to swim.
  1. When I was in high school I jumped off of an old bridge that was 15 feet above the surface of the water and dove/sunk into the Chattahoochee River. I realize fact 1 and 2 don’t go together, but for some reason when peer pressure set in I thought it would be cool – hey I’m still here to tell about it so it couldn’t be that bad.
  1. In college I walked thru a drive thru because the main dining area was closed and my girlfriends and I were desperate for some chocolate. The fast food place called the cops on us. Once Deputy Sheriff Bud arrived, he graciously drove thru the drive thru and bought my girlfriends and I frosties.
  1. I once had to be "rescued" by the Swainsboro Fire Department because I got lost in the two stop light town, and yes the fire truck came with lights flashing. In my defense the friend I was visiting in Swainsboro was a volunteer fire fighter.
  1. I’m a huge neat freak – I scrub my counters twice a day and vacuum at least every other day even though I take my shoes off at the front door.
  1. Despite living 4.5 hours away last football season I still managed to attend every Georgia Tech home game. --- Talk about being loyal to the team! Go Jackets!!!
  1. I am USDA certified to inspect food salvage, so basically I took a two-day class and a 100 question test so I can pick through other people's garbage. Don’t worry I’m not that weird, its for a good cause – I volunteer at America’s Second Harvest weekly and run their food salvage in the evenings which connects salvaged food with those most in need. I firmly believe that the cure for world hunger has been discovered, we just need the resources (aka volunteers) to make it happen. Not all volunteers need to be USDA certified so if you’d like more info about this very worthy cause or to sign up to volunteer please visit either Valdosta Food Bank or Atlanta Community Food Bank maybe I’ll see ya there.

Alright--- I’m getting off my cure for world hunger soap box and am tagging….

anyone who wishes to be tagged by commenting on this post or emailing me...that way there's no pressure for you to carry on the chain post:)

Rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog. Some random, some weird.

3. Tag up to 7 people a the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

No comments:

Subscribe To Recieve Email Updates of Saving Savy