Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday's Money Funny - Gas in Gorda, CA

One of the regular features on my blog is "Monday's Money Funny" which are humorous (at least to me) articles/jokes/just about anything that I've discovered over the weekend when I catch up on all my on line reading that spark a need for knowledge. For example last week's was on Governor Purdue missing the forest for the trees and canceling school due to high gas prices.

This week I’m couldn’t help myself by continuing with another gas article – this one much more recent. The reason why I couldn’t help myself with sticking with the same topic is this morning when I was at the gym running on the treadmill I burst out laughing watching the CBS news clip about gasoline prices (I’m sure the guy next to me thought I’d lost it).

So I went on line and was able to find a small article about Gorda’s gas prices – but if you can check out CBS news tonight, I’m sure they’ll show the same clip. Its down right hilarious.

Highlights from the article include:

“Try not to run low on gas in the tiny Big Sur town of Gorda, where a gallon of unleaded regular costs $5.20. And it's $5.40 a gallon for premium. Amerigo Gas Station employee James Willman says at least once a day he gets an earful from motorists who pull into Gorda, which is about 35 miles north of Cambria on scenic Highway 1.
Willman says "they say all kinds of stuff _ `You ought to be shot,' or 'Where's your mask?'"”

As a side note, which is not mentioned in this article but was in the news clip, this gas station is the only one for 50 miles along this stretch of highway. Go figure gas is more expensive there. I think I’ll bring an extra gas can in my trunk if I’m ever in that part of time.

Last week I did some research and found a few articles for you all on how to save gas so I thought since I was going to re-feature saving on gas that I should expand my research so I have several more articles for you all today. Here’ the most interesting articles:

How to Advice has Thirty Gas Saving Tips
About.com featured How to Save on Gas – Tips to Improve Mileage
and straight from the horse’s mouth The EPA offers Tips to Save Gas and Improve Mileage

Well that's it for this Monday. Stay tuned for next week's Monday's Money Funny. Also if you run across any Money Funnies please email them to me at future.millionaire.blog@gmail.com and if I use them I will give you credit and link to your blog.

4 comments:

Brian Hasbrouck said...

i thought your new apt was gonna be near the subway? i love using the nyc subway, it's nasty sometimes but still not as stressful as insurance, car payments, car repairs, gas....anything else i'm forgetting? but yeah our rent prices suck =/

"Future Millionaire" said...

@ bk brian - yeah my new apartment's going to be near the subway but unfortunately Atlanta's not known for its good mass transit. The subway doesn't every go anywhere near where people need to go unless its for sporting events. So when I want to go to the basketball game, football game or baseball game I'm set otherwise I'll need to drive. :(

Anonymous said...

Poor Willman - all that abuse is bound to take its toll :)

Anonymous said...

car payments, car repairg gas anything else i'm forgetting it's nasty sometimes but still not as stressful as insurance.

Subscribe To Recieve Email Updates of Saving Savy