Thursday, March 13, 2008

Money, Money...Money! (sing it with me now) -- Tax Refund is Coming!

Singla Ma provided a link that allows you to track your refund. As promised in my tax post, I was really good I waited almost two weeks after mailing in my federal taxes before I started checking almost daily on my refund. Until today it always said it had not been received...BUT today, I log in and and guess what...my refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on March 18!!! Yeah!


Now I just have to figure out what to do with my tax refund? What are you doing with yours?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually owed this year, but I'm fine with it. It wasn't too much in terms of our monthly free cash flow, so we paid it out of that.

If I received a refund, I would do the following:
1. If my refund was more than a few hundred dollars, I would figure out why. Adjust my withholdings accordingly.

2. Treat it as any other excess income -- apply it to debt, savings, or investments.

"Future Millionaire" said...

@ no debt plan - any ideas on other ways to adjust my withholdings. I've tried several of the on-line calculators and it appears I can't take but the one deduction for myself.

Apparently my W-4 works great for the State of GA since I owed a couple hundred but somehow for the Fed's I got a refund. (Don't worry I check and rechecked everything - its all on the up and up).

Brian Hasbrouck said...

well i'm almost done paying off credit card debt, but i know when the federal checks come in the mail for 600 i'm gonna throw half in my Roth and half in my emergency fund....you're a bit ahead of me.....touche

"Future Millionaire" said...

@ bk brian - congrats on having your debts almost paid off. I think you're right on track...EF and Roth's the way to go.

Subscribe To Recieve Email Updates of Saving Savy