Sunday, January 6, 2008

Financial Blast from the Past

Well I'm back from a long hiatus called Christmas vacation with my Family.

During my vacation I decided to clean out my closet at my mom's of stuff I'd left from high school, when sorting through old purses I stumbled upon an old bank statement and pay stub from when I was in high school. It surprised me how far I've come from then net worth wise. The statement was for my regular free checking and for my Money Market. In the checking account I had $19.48 and in my money market I had $4,708.21 and I know that was all the money I had in the world and it was being saved for car insurance, car repairs, and of course college. To think that in the last 6.5 years I've gone from that to where I am today plus paid for college along that way is amazing to me. This means I "saved" (including compounding interest earned) over $12,000 a year and increased my net worth by over 20 times. It makes me very excited about where I'll be in another 6.5 years.

Well now I'm off to donate the purses to goodwill.

No comments:

Subscribe To Recieve Email Updates of Saving Savy